I'd also like to make sure you find this newsletter valuable and interesting. Are you getting the information you need to feel that you are part of the Group. Are we missing anything? Is there something we should add? Pink fluffy bunnies? Do you read it? Does it remind you of things coming up that you should be aware of? Are you getting any value from it? Your feedback would be appreciated.There isn't much for me to report as the sections are only just back from school holidays.
Everyone's programs look really exciting which a bunch of great activities, events and plenty of badge work opportunities this coming term. Remember, to always keep your record book with you and that you can find your program on the website. Leaderwise, Makara (Adrina) has just attended her Venturer Scout BL3 training course and Rama (Maree) will soon be attending her Joey Scout BL3 training course. Also on Leaders, I regret to to have to tell you that Kang kang (Virginia) will not be continuing her training as a Leader, she will be missed. This will see Rikki (Pamela) continue with the Cub section for the meantime so a female leader can be found (hint hint). We are lucky to have dedicated leaders in all sections that always put the youth first.
My only other news would be about Scout Job Week which is a fantastic opportunity to strengthen our profile in the community whilst at the same time raising money for the group. It is upon us now and youth members will soon receive their record cards from their section leader. Some youth will be taking part in our annual trolley push, however, I would like to challenge all members to do something different this year. If you have any ideas or know of something that we could do please let me know. I have already approached our neighbour, Ken Sparkes Carpets, and a car washing day will be arranged. Stay tuned for more on that in the future.
I have already sent out a reminder for the AGM so there is no need for me to mention that again. Well that's it from me, the rest is from your Committee.
- Quarter one invoices - Reminder notices have been issued to those members that have yet to register for 2011. Please pay any outstanding fees and return all forms to the committee box located at the hall ASAP. We have a number of families that haven't provided fundraising preference forms. These forms are required from all members as a way for the committee to gage who is available for an activity and we seek your support to complete them ASAP.
- Netball BBQs for 14th and 21st of May require help. Please advise Rama on 9905 5079 if you are available.
- We also have raffle tickets available for members to sell as part of their fundraising contribution. These are an easy way for those members that have other weekend commitments to meet their minimum hours required. Each book gains you an hour. If you have not already received some tickets to sell please contact Tracey (email@example.com)
- The planning for this years AGM to be held 29 May is well under way. If you are interested in nominating or being nominated for a role please contact Stephan or Tracey (firstname.lastname@example.org (GL comment, these positions are your representatives and the group can not function without them).
- Thanks to all those who have volunteered to help with the AGM dinner e.g. making salads, serving on the night. We appreciate your support.
- Fundraising and financial planning for 2012 is about to commence and we would appreciate your feedback and ideas. If anyone, is able to arrange sponsorships or has business/community contacts or if able to offer advice on successful fund raising ideas we would love to her from you. Either drop Tracey an email email@example.com or attend the next parent meeting.
- Please join us at the next parent meeting on 17 May. These meetings are designed to inform parents what is happening within the group and to mange the business and social side of the group. If you have a question or a concern regarding the group please come to the meeting as we are very interested in your ideas and feedback.